Interior Permit Requirements

  • A detailed description of what type of work is to be performed
  • Names and phone numbers of all the contractors working on the project

Exterior Permit Requirements

  • Names and phone numbersof all the contractors working on the project
  • Site plan showing property lines and where the building is located on the lot

Building Permit Fees

The City of South Hutchinson Adopted a new permit fee schedule on September 7, 2010. The fee is based on the cost of the work being proposed. Building permits must be pulled before work is begun by either a licensed contractor or homeowner. Building permits shall expire one year from the date of issuance.
Building Permit Fee Schedule

New Residential Home Construction

As part of the City's effort to encourage construction of more new residential housing, all permit and inspection fees are waived.

Demolition Permits

All demolition permit fees shall be $15.00 plus a final inspection fee of $15.00 and a sewer inspection fee of $15.00 when required by the City. Sewer inspection requirements are determined on a case-by-case basis by the Code Enforcement Officer. Demolition permits require a $1,000 cash bond be submitted to the City before a permit is issued.

Site Plan Permits for Commercial & Industrial Construction

All commercial and industrial building projects shall have a site plan permit including a storm water retention plan. The fee shall be a minimum of $44.00 for the first acre or less. Any site plan over one acre will have an additional fee of $1.00 per 1000 square feet or any portion thereof.

Tent and Membrane Covered Structures

For temporary tent or membrane covered structures located in commercial zoning shall be charged a permit fee of $20.00 for the first 30 days. Renewing the permit is an additional fee of $20.00 per month or any portion thereof will be charged beyond that. A maximum of five renewals is allowed.


Permits are required for temporary signs governed by the City's Sign Code. Permits for a sign are $20.00.

Learn More
To learn more, please call City Hall at (620) 663-7104.